Go Back   Cadalyst Discussion Forums > Forums > CAD Questions
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

CAD Questions Need Help? Moderator Paul Aubin and the CAD community tackle all your CAD-related questions.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Unhappy Can't plot

I posted this before and still get things fixed. I got only one suggestion but it didn't help.

Am using AcadLT 2006. I can't print to any of my printers. When I tell Acad to print, to any printer, it goes thru motions and then gives me a warning that errors and warnings have been found. Details tell me that the plot was cancelled but no explanation. No problems with any other apps. Have had to resort to using TrueView to do all of my cad printing. What a pain.

Anybody have any ideas/solutions?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to startrek

This is just a guess:
Check if you have AutoCAD Fantom printer. Without it you will have all kind of problems.... Unfortunatly some people delete it. That happened to me several times, when my coworker did me a "favor" cleaning computer for me.... BUT THIS IS JUST A GUESS
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM

That was the same "guess" as before. It is there and a test page will print. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling acad but it did'nt help. It used to work fine.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

this is a tricky one to help with without being able to sit down at your computer with your plotters hooked up to it, but I would try reinstalling the printer drivers and setting up new .pc3 plotter files.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:11 AM

Well, it being LT is not helping at all--for instance, I can't just fire up a copy and see if I can recreate the problem. I've used LT ecactly three times, too, so I'm not what any reasonably knowledgable individual would call "well versed" on LT in real-world applications.

Now, given all that, I'd look to see if your LT is using "Default System Printer" (as defined by your o/s). That's typically the 'bulletproof' ACAD test--you don't get much in the way of controlled, quality, output, but you get something.

If 'system printer' works, but no other (and you can print a test page from your computer's Printer settings--not ACAD--that means you have good cables/connections to the printers), then the thing to look for is a mismatch of the autodesk driver to the printer.

What that means is that you can't use HP pen plotter driver to push an HP laserjet; or that you don't have a PCL driver trying to drive a HPCL printer. Or the like. That last is insidous, every other function on the 'puter prints, but not cad.

Worst case, open the printers in ACADLT, and delete them all. Close LT. Reopen LT, and start your printer setup from scratch. Which may need doing anyway, as it can be one of those 'things' where the HP II was upgraded to an HP3, and then a HPV laserjet before becoming what ever it is now--all with the same "printer name" <sigh>.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=Cap'n Mac]Worst case, open the printers in ACADLT, and delete them all. Close LT. Reopen LT, and start your printer setup from scratch.

Thank you, Cap'n. I thought about this. I had already reinstalling the drivers, as someone else suggested, but no luck. All printers are HP and I have all the latest drivers for XP. Now to find the time to do as you suggested. Wish me luck?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Stlchkr]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Mac
Worst case, open the printers in ACADLT, and delete them all. Close LT. Reopen LT, and start your printer setup from scratch.

Thank you, Cap'n. I thought about this. I had already reinstalling the drivers, as someone else suggested, but no luck. All printers are HP and I have all the latest drivers for XP. Now to find the time to do as you suggested. Wish me luck?
One thing I don'y understand. Why can I print with DWG True View? I use the same printer setup as I use when trying to print from ACAD.

Last edited by Stlchkr; 11-04-2007 at 03:03 PM.