Go Back   Cadalyst Discussion Forums > Forums > CAD Questions
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

CAD Questions Need Help? Moderator Paul Aubin and the CAD community tackle all your CAD-related questions.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 PM

Default DIMLFAC woes

I am trying to dimension my drawings in paperspace and for some reason my dimlfac number keeps changing and when change it back it adds overrides to my dim style. any suggestions?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:57 PM

When it adds the overrides, Right click on <style overrides> and then select save to current style and then pick the close button. It updated those values to the current style and you should now be able to dimension properly.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:39 AM

Not a bad idea to name your dimension styles explicitly, I've found, and to never, but never use a style named "Standard" (said style being "vicitimized" by several s/w out there--or acting like it).

So, for a floor plan at 1/8", I just start a DimStyle called Plan96, and use that. What I _try_ to do, is to keep a current 'dummy' style up after I get most of the dimensions in place. That way, if anything 'monkeys' with the dimstyle, it only changes the "dummy" and none of the current dimensions.

Now, if you see a discombobulated dimesion, go to DDIM and looks to see if the dread asterisk is up there, showing an unsaved Style change. Having a good Style to flip to can be a cool save. How so? Well, ACAD will ask "Save Changes to [dimstyle]?" Just say "No." This will (often) Undo whatever changed.